Problems with webcamd and RTL2832U

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 28 07:12:45 UTC 2016

On Wednesday, 27 April 2016 at 10:59:01 +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On 04/27/16 10:01, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>> I'm trying to set up MythTV on a 10.2-STABLE system using an RTL2832U
>> class tuner and webcamd webcamd-4.2.0.9.  The tuner probes as:

>> Any ideas how to corner the problem?
>
> 1) Check that you have only one instance of webcamd running.

Yes, of course.  I also checked that I did have one instance of
webcamd running.  In some cases it writes an error message to
/dev/null and then exits with status 0, and there's no way to know it
has exited.  I'll send private mail with patches.

> 2) Test device with w_scan utility (from ports) first.

Thanks for the suggestion.  That works, so I suppose it's a MythTV
problem.

> 3) MythTV: ensure you configure correctly DVB-T / S / S2 and so on.

Done.  But at least I'm closing in.

You didn't address:

>> I don't see any mention of rtl28xxu in current documentation, and
>> no way to specify a driver in the man page.  Can I assume that this
>> is an undocumented change?

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.