[SOLVED] Amarok does not work with phonon-gstreamer (was: audio/jack: jackd coredumps on HEAD)

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Sun Jan 4 18:31:55 UTC 2015

After the small conversation below, I investigated a bit more in
searching for the real cause of "Amarok without sound".

The main problem seems to be, that there is something odd in gstreamer
(since the greater commits for gstreamer1 from autumn 2014) , used by
x11/kde4-workspace. After disabling gstreamer option in
x11/kde4-workspace, rebuilding it and after that removing of
phonon-gstreamer, Amarok plays sound again :)  \o/

I found the hint and concrete solution in a thread [1], started by
Matthias Apitz, where Kris Moore (CC'ed, many thanks!) describes a
workaround for it.

At last, it should be mentioned, that there was no need to activate
jackd audio server. This was misleading, sorry for that.

Regards,
Rainer Hurling

[1] http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/VtSOJ76eKecz0oVblYJE