webcam and audio capture

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 30 19:01:11 UTC 2015

On Tue, 29 Dec 2015, the wise Jan Beich wrote:

> Firefox currently doesn't support detecting microphone when using ALSA.
> It's specific to FreeBSD because we're not native but use OSS plugin.
> Fixing is probably trivial but requires hardware to test: 1 mic, 2 mics,
> external mic + webcam, etc. No upstream bug yet.
>
> PULSEAUDIO should work fine.

Hello Jan,

Using FF with pulseaudio now and this seems to work. Pulseaudio starts
when using FF Hello or watching Youtube (including polkitd and
console-kit-daemon). And test.webrtc.org asks for permission to access the
microphone as well.

On test sites the microphone capture is still defaulting to /dev/dsp0
though (should be /dev/dsp4).

Regards,
Marco
--
Jim, it's Grace at the bank.  I checked your Christmas Club account.
You don't have five-hundred dollars.  You have fifty.  Sorry, computer foul-up!