FFmpeg and x264 circular dependency

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 6 01:49:43 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 1:45 AM, Andrew Berg
<aberg010 at my.hennepintech.edu> wrote:
> I don't know what the system libx264 is, but I'm in favor of having a libx264 port that both x264 and ffmpeg explicitly require.

The port for libx264 and for x264 would use the same source files, but
when you configure x264 (cmdline) you tell it to use libx264 that is
installed in the system to link to rather than build the library all
over again.

It's a configure option designed to enable this sort of packaging :)

Cheers

Tom