strange behaviour of audacious

Marat N.Afanasyev amarat at li.ru
Mon Jan 27 15:48:12 UTC 2014

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On 01/27/14 16:01, Marat N.Afanasyev wrote:
>> Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> What sample rate are you using? Is your audio device configured for
>>> surround. Most likely your USB audio device is eating all the USB
>>> bandwidth in the Host OS leaving your other USB devices non-responsive.
>>> This is a well known issue. USB audio has priority over mouse and
>>> keyboard. This will not happen if you install FreeBSD on your computer
>>> instead of running it inside a VM.
>>>
>>> Can you supply more details about USB devices connected to your
>>> computer?
>>>
>>> --HPS

> Hi,
>
>> FreeBSD is installed on my computer, not in some jumbo virtualbox.
>
> :-)
>
> usbconfig show_ifdrv
>
> will show you all keyboards/mice there.

ugen5.2.0: umass0: <Generic USB Mass Storage Device, class 0/0, rev
2.00/2.20, addr 2>
ugen1.2: <USB Audio CODEC Burr-Brown from TI> at usbus1, cfg=0 md=HOST
spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=ON (100mA)
ugen1.2.0: uaudio0: <Burr-Brown from TI USB Audio CODEC, class 0/0, rev
1.10/1.00, addr 2>
ugen5.4: <HP USB Laser Mouse HP> at usbus5, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=LOW
(1.5Mbps) pwr=ON (98mA)
ugen5.4.0: ums0: <HP HP USB Laser Mouse, class 0/0, rev 2.00/31.00, addr 4>

>> and this ignorance of events happens ONLY in gtk3 apps, no other
>> application has the same problem. I write this message in gtk2 seamonkey
>> and I have no problem at all with mouse/keyboard events here.
>>

> Ok, then it is probably not USB related. Just wanted to rule that yout.
>
> Thank you!
>
> --HPS

I don't know where to start digging, I even tried to build everything
with default options, no change at all

--
SY, Marat