strange behaviour of audacious

Marat N.Afanasyev amarat at li.ru
Mon Jan 27 13:30:13 UTC 2014

Marat N.Afanasyev wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I have a very strange behaviour of multimedia/audacious that can be
>> described as 'one-click-dialog'. After starting audacious it cannot run
>> even one dialog completely, opening dialog and clicking on any active
>> element leads to all other elements being irresponsible, e.g. opening
>> global Preferences and then Output Plugin Preferences gives me totally
>> unusable "OSS4 Output Settings" dialog that can be only closed by WM
>> close button, and everything is like this.
>>
>> PS. I don't subscribed to ml yet, so, if you want to answer me, CC: to
>> me too
>>
> It seems that latest transmission has the same kind of problem, in
> settings dialog for torrent  'Close' button works if, and only if it was
> the first element to click. If I click on somewhere else, I can close
> this dialog only using WM's 'Close' button

And more. Both multimedia/audacious and net-p2p/transmission-gtk
interfaces ignore key/mouse events after first click, but if I switch
workspace there and back again they process next event. I found that
something similar to my case was happening in evince3
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1305904#p1305904 but there's
no solution also. I suppose that this is a very rare and strange
problem, so I wonder how can I debug event passing to gtk3 windows to
make conditions when this problem is happening as clear as possible.

--
SY, Marat