hdhomerun & dvr - prefer tvheadend

Bernhard Fröhlich decke at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 4 08:35:04 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 3:43 AM, Bryce Edwards <bryce at bryce.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running FreeBSD 10 and need to setup a DVR (timeshift capability a
> big plus).  Tvheadend would be my preference, but I'll take anything
> that Just Works(TM). I got a hdhomerun as the ATSC tuner (dual
> actually) so that drivers were not a problem but I see that the
> approach tvheadend takes for that tuner is linux specific with the DVB
> kernel driver approach.  Please give me suggestions to get this up &
> running or point me to good alternatives.

Sorry, but there is no way to get that setup running on FreeBSD. As you
have already seen the hdhomerun "wrapper" that is used on linux is a
kernel module that doesn't work on FreeBSD and tvheadend itself does
not support hdhomerun yet.

The closes we could get is to ask Hans Petter Selasky if he sees a
chance to add the hdhomerun module to webcamd/cuse4bsd and how
much work it would be. (I've CC'd him already)

--
Bernhard Froehlich
http://www.bluelife.at/