[CFT] New upstream version of mplayer + mencoder

Thomas Zander riggs at freebsd.org
Fri Dec 26 18:49:32 UTC 2014

On 25 December 2014 at 14:42, Thomas Zander <riggs at freebsd.org> wrote:

> In a nutshell, this has changed compared to the current ports tree
> version of the ports:
> - Upstream versions of mplayer and ffmpeg as of 2014-12-23
> - Remove the following OPTIONS:
>   - MEMALIGN (now used by default where supported)
>   - PROFILE (shaky, unreliable, rarely used, nigh unsupportable)
>   - DIRAC (codec support only via libschroedinger)
> - Default-depends on external libdvdnav (mplayer no longer bundles
>   internal dvd support libraries)
> - Simplify CFLAGS handling
> - Remove -fomit-frame-pointer from CFLAGS (we have apparently a fair
>   number of CPUs out there which can't run code compiled with this
>   option reliably)

Updated tar available:
http://people.freebsd.org/~riggs/m20141226.tar.bz2

Changes:
- fomit-frame-pointer back into optimised CFLAGS. The stack problems
on i386 are now adressed by introducing -mstack-alignment=16
-mstackrealign on affected systems

Thanks Konstantin, Dimitry, Tijl and Matthias for input, discussion,
debugging and testing!

Please let me know how it works for you
Best regards
Riggs