webcamd, pwc and vga

Eugene M. Zheganin eugene at zhegan.in
Thu Dec 25 17:30:03 UTC 2014

Hi.

On 25.12.2014 19:33, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> You maybe need to set some further debug knobs:
>
> See output from "webcamd -s".

There's so many of them...
I tried to launch webcamd with "-m hid-core.debug=1 -m
videobuf-core.debug=1 -m videobuf2-core.debug=1 -m
usbvision-core.core_debug=1 -m linux_usb.min_bufsize=512", no new debug
messages were shown. Could you please point me to the direction where I
can understand which ones to use ? I found only one pwc-related knob,
but it's about the powersave.

I've also found a thread on a russian community board (unfortunately, in
russian) with similar issue (and the author didn't get any luck) which
made me realize that may be it's not the upgrade to 10.x that left me
without vga mode, but the upgrade from i386 to amd64, which I remember I
have done too, around the point where vga stopped to work.

Eugene.