webcamd, pwc and vga

Eugene M. Zheganin eugene at zhegan.in
Wed Dec 24 15:33:12 UTC 2014

Hi.

I'm using a Logitech QuickCam. It was working just fine with webcamd,
but after an upgrade to a FreeBSD 10.x (starting at least from 10.0-RC5)
vga video mode isn't working for some reason, so I have to use smaller
video modes. When I launch the pwcview -s vga it says:

Webcam set to: 640x480 (vga) at 5 fps
libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Device not configured
Error reading from webcam: Device not configured

cif and smaller modes are working fine. I'm using last webcamd and
dependent ports versions. My FreeBSD version is:

FreeBSD 10.1-BETA1 #0 r271608:

Is there any way to get back vga mode ?

I have also a second question - I noticed there are two ports,
multimedia/pwcbsd and multimedia/pwcview. I'm using the second one. If I
try the first one, which contains also a kernel module, the pwcview from
it isn't working at all - regardless of the pwc module loaded. What is
the multimedia/pwcbsd port for ?

Thanks.
Eugene.