FFMPEG Build (Configure) Error

Dutch Ingraham stoa at gmx.us
Tue Aug 12 00:12:14 UTC 2014

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 09:04:33 -0300
William Grzybowski <wg at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Dutch Ingraham <stoa at gmx.us> wrote:
> > On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 08:47:55 -0300
> > William Grzybowski <wg at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >
> >> For some reason you don't have security/trousers installed.
> >>
> >> Did you compile security/gnutls without TPM support? Did you manually
> >> remove security/trousers?

> >> --
> >> William Grzybowski / wg
> >> FreeBSD Ports Committer
> >
> > I certainly didn't remove it; I can't be absolutely 100 percent on compiling without TPM support, but I can say I am very conservative about changing the default configuration and never change it on ports I know nothing about (in other words, I don't know what changing TPM support would do, so I can say I almost certainly did not change the default.)
>
> TPM is the default option.
>

> > Here is the output of <pkg check --shlibs --all --verbose>, but I don't think it shows more than you already know:
>
> Well, for some reason as you suspected trousers-tddl files were
> removed and I really can't tell you why.
>
> You'll find out that reinstalling security/trousers will let you build
> ffmpeg again.
>

> Cheers,
>

> --
> William Grzybowski / wg
> FreeBSD Ports Committer

Thanks for all your help, William.  I did reinstall trousers and ffmpeg
did rebuild.  Interestingly, I received an install error telling me
that the package was already installed:

[snip]
install  -o root -g wheel -m 444  /usr/ports/security/trousers/work/trousers-0.3.10/dist/tcsd.conf \
/usr/ports/security/trousers/work/stage/usr/local/etc/tcsd.conf.dist \
/bin/mkdir -p /usr/ports/security/trousers/work/stage/usr/local/var/lib/tpm
====> Compressing man pages (compress-man)
===> Staging rc.d startup script(s)
===>  Installing for trousers-tddl-0.3.10_7
===>  Checking if trousers-tddl already installed
===>   trousers-tddl-0.3.10_7 is already installed
      You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
      by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
      If you really wish to overwrite the old port of trousers-tddl
      without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
      in your environment or the "make install" command line.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/security/trousers
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/security/trousers
[snip]

trousers did install following the recommended <make deinstall> and
<make reinstall>, but why was it showing as installed here but
not in the config.log nor the output of <pkg check --shlibs>?

For those with similar issues who may come across this thread, my
troubles began, I believe, with a conflict between gnutls3 and
gnutls.  Possibly trousers was "removed" or just otherwise
corrupted when I removed gnutls3 and installed gnutls.  For more on this
issue, see:
<lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2014-April/091279.html>

Again, thanks for your help.
--
Dutch Ingraham <stoa at gmx.us>