ITE Technologies, Inc. DVB-T TV Stick, part 2 - remote

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Thu Sep 19 19:04:29 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 09:53:37AM +0200, Milan Obuch wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > >  I see no such file on my system.
> > >

> [ snip ]
>
> I did some more testing with some outcome...
>
> First I rebuild multimedia/webcamd port with DEBUG on. Then, starting
> webcamd I got debugging messages - I leave lines marked with DBG out
> for now, the rest was
>
> Linux video capture interface: v2.00
> lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 14
> IR NEC protocol handler initialized
> IR RC5(x) protocol handler initialized
> IR RC6 protocol handler initialized
> IR JVC protocol handler initialized
> IR Sony protocol handler initialized
> IR RC5 (streamzap) protocol handler initialized
> IR SANYO protocol handler initialized
> IR LIRC bridge handler initialized
> b2c2-flexcop: B2C2 FlexcopII/II(b)/III digital TV receiver chip loaded
> successfully
> uvcvideo: Unable to create debugfs directory
> USB Video Class driver (1.1.1)
> cpia2: V4L-Driver for Vision CPiA2 based cameras v3.0.1
> au0828 driver loaded
> pvrusb2: V4L in-tree version:Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2 MPEG2
> Encoder/Tuner
> pvrusb2: Debug mask is 31 (0x1f)
> USBVision USB Video Device Driver for Linux : 0.9.11
> Em28xx: Initialized (Em28xx dvb Extension) extension
> Attached to ugen4.2[0]
> INFO: : : found a 'ITE 9135(9006) Generic' in warm state
> INFO: : : will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
> demuxer
> DVB: registering new adapter (ITE 9135(9006) Generic)
> it913x-fe: ADF table value	:00
> it913x-fe: Crystal Frequency :12000000 Adc Frequency :20250000 ADC X2:
> 01
> it913x-fe: Tuner LNA type :51
> INFO: : DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (ITE 9135(9006)
> Generic_1)... INFO: : : will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream
> to the software demuxer DVB: registering new adapter (ITE 9135(9006)
> Generic) it913x-fe: ADF table value	:00
> it913x-fe: Crystal Frequency :12000000 Adc Frequency :20250000 ADC X2:
> 01
> it913x-fe: Tuner LNA type :51
> INFO: : DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (ITE 9135(9006)
> Generic_2)...
> INFO: : : 'ITE 9135(9006) Generic' successfully initialized and
> connected
> Creating /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
> Creating /dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0
> Creating /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
> Creating /dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0
> Creating /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
> Creating /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0
>
> (sorry for some wrapping).
>
> There was DBG one line asking for some attention:
> DBG: : dvb_usbv2_remote_init:
>
> I found function mentioned (dvb_usbv2_remote_init) and with some added
> debug print I know where remote init fails.
>
> At line 147 in dvb_usb_core.c file there is a comment saying 'disable
> rc when there is no keymap defined'. So it looks like that's what I am
> missing - debug print after this point is not reached.

Ok that sounds plausible, the keytable is missing.

> >  Can you test the remote on a (recent, possible live?) Linux, see
> > if you get a /dev/input/event node for it there?  Maybe the driver
> > simply doesn't know about the remote yet...
> >

> Well, I would need a pointer to some image I could download and burn a
> CD with or put it to a USB flash to test... My system level linux
> knowledge is zero, so I need precise howto for this.

 I just looked which live isos I have here and this one seems to
use a 3.10 Linux kernel which should be new enough to have the
it913x driver:

	http://test.siduction.org/iso/siduction/paintitblack/rqt/amd64_2013-09-09_23-23/siduction-13.1.1-paintitblack-rqt-amd64-201309092323.iso

 sha256:

	http://test.siduction.org/iso/siduction/paintitblack/rqt/amd64_2013-09-09_23-23/siduction-13.1.1-paintitblack-rqt-amd64-201309092323.iso.sha256

 Help pages:

	http://manual.siduction.org/en/welcome-en.htm

 I think it's a hybrid iso so should work dd'd to an usb key too.
If you boot it and open a terminal and the remote works, pressing
digits on the remote should end up putting the digits in the
terminal window like if entered from the keyboard.  (Yes this is
different from how webcamd on FreeBSD handles remotes.)

 You could also check lsmod when booted from the iso to see which
modules got loaded, I think it913x.c would be dvb-usb-it913x.

> Anyway, given the finding written above I feel the question now should
> be 'how will I define keymap for remote' assuming rc in mentioned
> comment means 'remote control'...

 Yeah I'm not sure what's exactly missing there as I see RC_MAP_IT913X_V*
entries for all the devices in drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb-v2/it913x.c...

> Regards,
> Milan

 Best,
	Juergen