VLC player - problem with persian/arabic subtitle

Hadi Rezaee rezaee.hadi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 14:28:31 UTC 2013

Dears,

First, let me thank you guys for all efforts and supports.

VLC is my favorite player all the times, the problem I'm experiencing right
now is about displaying persian/arabic subtitles. actually it doesnt
display the characters in right order, the characters are all separated
from each others. Before I was using VLC on my Win box which hadnt this
issue, I know that my sample may not make sense but here is the idea:

The correct sentence:

سلام

 The way VLC display:

س ل ا م

 Totem player doesnt have this issue, but I rather like to use VLC, instead.

By the way, I've PCBSD 9.2 p#8 on my pc and the version of VLC is "2.1.0_3".

Regards,
Hadi