[Bulk] Re: snd_envy24{,ht} recording support?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Mar 21 07:34:32 UTC 2013

A last OT:

It's cheaper to buy a professional audio card, than to buy all that good
HiFi gear, but there's a big issue. I own a professional audio card,
with real (not just faked) better specifications, than my HiFi gear has
got, but the HiFi gear anyway does sound better. I don't know the
reason, but I suspect it's jitter, since it's very likely that even
while the professional card has mechanism to reduce jitter, the chip
set/PCIe slot does cause too much jitter.

So to get good audio quality by a computer, does mean that you have to
buy a professional audio card and to buy 10 mobos to test on what mobo
the card can be used without quality issues. Likely that you need to buy
11 or even 30 mobos ;) before you have good luck.