snd_envy24{,ht} recording support?

Benjamin Kaduk bjk at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 13 02:19:55 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I picked up the PR docs/166755 quite some time ago, intending to do some
research in the driver source and see which (all?) cards lack recording
support.  Per https://wiki.freebsd.org/Sound, recording support should not
be available for most/all versions of this card, yet the driver quite
clearly registers recording channels as available.
Just reading the driver source seems to be insufficient to determine
whether recording works, so I am hoping that some person or persons with
such a card would be able to check and possibly run a patched kernel for
getting debugging output.

Thanks,

Ben