snd_hda - not redirecting sound to "headphone"

Florent Peterschmitt florent at peterschmitt.fr
Thu Jun 13 14:19:03 UTC 2013

On 12.06.2013 17:10, Florent Peterschmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's a known bug (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=174573) and
> I would to know if there is something that can be done to get
> informations of where things goes wrong?
>
> I've enabled debug.bootverbose, it gives sooo may informations, I can't
> imagine understand it…
>
> In debug mode the driver say having redirected sound to headphones when
> I connect it to the jack port, and if I disconnect it it says
> redirecting sound to main, which are speakers.
>
> But nothing to headset and speaker fully functional when headset not
> connected.
>
> So?

Hum my bad, I was using VLC rather than something simpler like cat
/dev/urandom > /dev/dspX.Y

But, shouldn't we have a /dev/dsp that would act as a link to the
default /dev/dspX.Y used as output ?

--
Florent Peterschmitt           | Please:
florent at peterschmitt.fr        |  * Avoid HTML/RTF in E-mail.