Fixes for vlc and gnash after libva upgrade

Guido Falsi madpilot at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 5 00:17:52 UTC 2013

On 07/04/13 20:10, Juergen Lock wrote:
> In article <51CE08AC.6090706 at FreeBSD.org> you write:
>> Hi!
> Hi!
>>
>> I'm the maintainer of the multimedia/libva port.
>>
>> I updated it yesterday but there IS an API breakage in the new version I
>> noticed too late.
>>
>> Sorry for the mistake!
>>
>> After some work I narrowed down the breakage to these two ports, when
>> the LIBVA option is turned on (by default in gnash).
>>
>> Here's a patch attached which fixes the problem.
>>
>> ABI compatibility should not be compromised and was not in my tests with
>> vlc, since libva has code to maintain that.
>>
>> I'd like to get approval to commit these two in one go.
>>
>> Thanks in advance, and again sorry for the breakage!
>
> Hmm according to
>
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=180118
>
> (which mentions
>
> 	http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libva/commit/?id=824a70ae1ef79458e65079374209a0cb16b65c31
>
> ) vaCreateSurfaces args have been shuffled around too, not only two new
> ones added.  Can you confirm?
>
>   Other than that I think yes this should go in...

Thanks for the correction. At this URL a fixed patch can be found. It's
the same as before with also the arguments shuffled around.

http://http://www.madpilot.net/~mad/libva-fix.diff

Once committed I'd also plan to close the above mentioned PR.

I'd like to commit this ASAP to fix the problem. Thanks!

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot at FreeBSD.org>