snd_hdspe coaxial SPDIF in & out

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jan 26 20:07:07 UTC 2013

Hi :)

OUTPUT :)

Connecting the HDSPe AIO coaxial SPDIF in/out to a DAT's coaxial in/out.
Playing some notes with zynaddsubfx, SPDIF does work without an issue :).
Settings are
jackd -r -doss -r48000 -p512 -n2 -w16 -C/dev/dsp3.0 -P/dev/dsp3.0

INPUT :(

Audacity tested 1. with Jack and 2. directly with OSS didn't receive an
audio signal.
Gnome-sound-recorder (unknown settings) didn't receive an audio signal.
FMIT using Jack, didn't receive an audio signal.

Connecting the DAT's coaxial SPDIF out to another DAT's coaxial in, the
DAT recorder's SPDIF is ok.
I never tested SPDIF on Linux with this card, I will do it ASAP.

I'll continue with ADAT setting the ADA8000 from slave to master and btw.
I'll read about the FreeBSD mixer.

Regards,
Ralf