ITE Technologies, Inc. DVB-T TV Stick, part 2 - remote

Milan Obuch freebsd-multimedia at dino.sk
Thu Aug 29 19:42:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

as now I can watch TV with my LV52T stick, I would like to find how to
use remote controller. I think this part of stick presents itself as
USB HID device, /dev/uhid0 gets created on attachment.

As a blind shot I tried

usbhidctl -f /dev/uhid0 -a
usbhidctl: hid_get_report(rid 0): Device not configured
Generic_Desktop:Keyboard.Keyboard:Keyboard_LeftControl=
Generic_Desktop:Keyboard.Keyboard:Keyboard_LeftShift=
Generic_Desktop:Keyboard.Keyboard:Keyboard_LeftAlt=
Generic_Desktop:Keyboard.Keyboard:Keyboard_Left_GUI=
Generic_Desktop:Keyboard.Keyboard:Keyboard_RightControl=
Generic_Desktop:Keyboard.Keyboard:Keyboard_RightShift=
Generic_Desktop:Keyboard.Keyboard:Keyboard_RightAlt=
Generic_Desktop:Keyboard.Keyboard:Keyboard_Right_GUI=
Generic_Desktop:Keyboard.Keyboard:Reserved_(no_event_indicated)=

usbhidctl: hid_get_report(rid 0): Device not configured
Generic_Desktop:Keyboard.LEDs:Num_Lock=
Generic_Desktop:Keyboard.LEDs:Caps_Lock=
Generic_Desktop:Keyboard.LEDs:Scroll_Lock=

but this is not much help for me, now.

Could someone offer some advice? Maybe usbhidaction could be of some
use, but I have no idea, how. Also, 'Device not configured' error
scares me a bit, and there are 38 keys on remote...

By the way, output is on 9.1-STABLE from Jul 1st, 2013.

Regards,
Milan