ports/multimedia/vlc 2.0.5: conflicts with qt3

Max Brazhnikov makc at freebsd.org
Sat Apr 13 17:34:56 UTC 2013

On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 11:45:13 +0200 Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Saturday, April 13, 2013 a las 11:37:36AM +0200, Dimitry Andric escribió:
>
> > On Apr 13, 2013, at 08:16, Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:
> > > The above port (recent from SVN) stops with:

> > > ===> Fetching all distfiles required by qt4-corelib-4.8.4_1 for building
> > >
> > > ===>  qt4-corelib-4.8.4_1 conflicts with installed package(s):
> > >      qt-3.3.8_14
> > >
> > >      They will not build together.
> > >      Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
> > > *** [check-build-conflicts] Error code 1
> > >
> > > Stop in /usr/ports/devel/qt4-corelib.
> > > *** [build-depends] Error code 1
> > >
> > > Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/vlc.
> > >
> > > Any idea for a workaround? Thanks
> >
> > Yes, delete Qt3.  Qt4 cannot build with Qt3 present on the system.
>
> This is not an option because I do need Qt3 for other ports;

The problem with Qt3 (btw, the same with KDE 3/KDE 4) is that it installs
headers directly to ${LOCALBASE}/include. Quite often these headers are
mistakenly included instead of Qt4's, resulting weird build errors.

Qt3 and Qt4 packages don't conflict, you can have them both installed. But you
can't build (or upgrade) Qt4 ports if Qt3 is already presented. You have to
deinstall Qt3 before upgrading ports and reinstall it after.