ports/172872: No video playback with multimedia/vlc >

Frank Wuest frankmwuest at yahoo.de
Mon Oct 29 10:20:01 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR ports/172872; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Frank Wuest <frankmwuest at yahoo.de>
To: "bug-followup at FreeBSD.org" <bug-followup at FreeBSD.org>,
  "frankmwuest at yahoo.de" <frankmwuest at yahoo.de>
Subject: Re: ports/172872: No video playback with multimedia/vlc &gt;
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:10:40 +0000 (GMT)

 =0A=0AQuite possible.=A0 I've been able to resolve the graphics driver issu=
 e by switching to=0Axf86-video-ati613 (from the default xf86-video-ati), an=
 d that seems to have taken=0Acare of the vlc problem as well, i.e.=A0 now=
 =A0 vlc runs smoothly with standard output selected.=0AWith xf86-video-ati =
 the display sometimes got messed up, something about color=0Amapping/invers=
 ion. Looked quite psychedelic. This just hadn't bothered me too much =0Asin=
 ce it only occurred with ScummVM and when switching back from the console.