FreeBSD && HDMI TV

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Nov 6 09:22:01 UTC 2012

Hello,

After more than 20 years I bought a new TV, now with HDMI input and
1920x1080 resolution; detailed spec could be seen here:
http://www.lg.com/de/tv/lg-42LM340S-3d-tv/technical-specifications

My question related to FreeBSD is: can I connect this somehow via an USB
HDMI adapter to my FreeBSD laptop at home (running CURRENT) to get the
FreeBSD X11 screen onto the TV device?

The TV has as well a LAN connector, I don't know at the moment for what
this is good for, i.e. what kind of protocol it is expecting on the LAN
connector...

Thanks

	matthias
--