[snd_hda] no more sound on 9-STABLE

Patrick Lamaiziere patfbsd at davenulle.org
Thu May 10 18:33:08 UTC 2012

Le Thu, 10 May 2012 19:46:23 +0200,
Patrick Lamaiziere <patfbsd at davenulle.org> a écrit :

> ON 9STABLE, with the recent changes on snd_hda (HDA Driver
> Revision:20120126_0002), sound does not work anymore here.
>
> That works fine with a kernel from February 14 (HDA Driver Revision:
> 20100226_0142).

> On 20120126_0002:
> hdaa0: FG config/quirks: forcestereo ivref50 ivref80 ivref100 ivref

> So, are there some changes about HDA quirks?

Yes, mea culpa I was reading the man page of FreeBSD 8...
So I've put
hint.hdaa.0.config="gpio0 ovref"
hint.hdaa.0.cad0.nid21.config="as=4 seq=15"

But it does not work, hdaa.0.config does not hangle the gpio option as
before. How we specify the gpio to use in this new version? That's not
clear.

Thanks, regards.
--
BSDine® 500mg