New version of multimedia/webcamd ready for testing [v3.5.1.2]

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Sat Jun 9 14:43:21 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 10:06:26PM +0200, Juergen Lock wrote:
> In article <201206042131.39770.hselasky at c2i.net> you write:
> >Hi,
> Hi!
> >
> >There is a new version of webcamd, now webcamd-3.5.1.2.tar.bz2, ready for
> >testing. Port can be found here:
> >
> >svn --username anonsvn --password anonsvn \
> >      checkout svn://svn.turbocat.net/i4b/trunk/ports
> >
> >NOTE: You need to install new cuse4bsd-kmod module first, because new API's
> >were added.
> >
> >Please test and report back!
> >
> >Changes:
> >
> >x) Webcamd and cuse4bsd has new video and DVB unit allocation management. Unit
> >numbers should now be all back to back, /dev/video0, /dev/video1 .... etc
> >
> >x) Updated to latest Linux Media Tree sources v3.5
>
>  Working with pcvtv452e and dib0700 drivers so far, will test a few
> others later.

I now also tested af9015, mceusb, uvc, gspca which still seem to
work, only ati_remote is now broken, it reports:

	DBG: : ati_remote_irq_in: Nonzero urb status -32

each time I press a button on the remote and nothing is passed on
the /dev/input node anymore.  And the breakage is new, the webcamd
version in ports still works.

 Thanx, :)
	Juergen