last mplayer and h264 videos

Barbara barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it
Sun Jan 29 17:11:05 UTC 2012

>On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 19:07, Barbara <barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it> wrote:
>
>> BTW, I've just checked that the patch that should solve the problem as
posted
>> in ffmpeg mailing list should be included in our version of mplayer, so
>> probably the symptoms are similar or equal, the cause is not.
>
>This patch has been fixed in ffmpeg ages ago (Feb 2011). It should be
>included in the ffmpeg build we use in mplayer. Do you know whether
>anyone had this problem with ffmpeg h264 after the fix date?
>
>I couldn't find a single h264 file on my hard drive that shows the
>same problem when played. Maybe someone else on the list has
>encountered it?
>
>RIggs

I've found the problem, at least for me, as it seems I'm the only one
experiencing this.
The problem is OCFLAGS.
Building the port WITHOUT_OCFLAGS results in mplayer reproducing the example
video with no problem.

Picking the first cc command from the build output, the *different* (omitting
the same for both) flags are:
WITHOUT_OCFLAGS: -O2 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -march=prescott -O
WITH_OCFLAGS: -Wall -Wno-switch -Wno-parentheses -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-
decls -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -O4 -pipe -march=i486 -
mtune=generic -ffast-math

Barbara