R: Re: last mplayer and h264 videos

Barbara barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it
Sun Jan 22 19:38:02 UTC 2012

>On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 19:07, Barbara <barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it> wrote:
>
>> BTW, I've just checked that the patch that should solve the problem as
posted
>> in ffmpeg mailing list should be included in our version of mplayer, so
>> probably the symptoms are similar or equal, the cause is not.
>
>This patch has been fixed in ffmpeg ages ago (Feb 2011). It should be
>included in the ffmpeg build we use in mplayer.

Yes I know, I wrote that before.
Sorry, maybe I had been not clear enough: I wrote "should be" but in fact it's
a "is".

> Do you know whether anyone had this problem with ffmpeg h264 after the fix
date?

No, I don't know.
I was just searching for the problem with mplayer when I found that page about
ffmpeg.

>I couldn't find a single h264 file on my hard drive that shows the
>same problem when played.
> Maybe someone else on the list has encountered it?
>
>RIggs

Did you tried with the one Iinked in my first message?
This happens also with videos downloaded from youtube.
Look at the transcript here for example:
http://pastebin.com/EcRdVUxV

This is the output of make showconfig
$ cd /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer && make showconfig
===> The following configuration options are available for mplayer-1.0.
r20111218_1:
     DEBUG=off "Include debug symbols in mplayer's binaries"
     RTCPU=on "Allow runtime CPU detection"
     OCFLAGS=on "Use optimized compiler flags"
     OTCHAIN=off "Use up-to-date toolchain (gcc 4.6)"
     IPV6=off "Include inet6 network support"
     X11=on "Enable X11 support for mplayer's video output"
     X11XV=on "X11 video drivers: XV"
     X11DGA=on "X11 video drivers: DGA"
     X11GL=on "X11 video drivers: OpenGL"
     X11XIN=on "X11 video drivers: Xinerama"
     X11VM=on "X11 VidMode support"
     X11XVMC=off "Enable XvMC acceleration"
     VDPAU=on "Enable Nvidia VDPAU acceleration"
     GUI=on "Enable GTK2 graphical user interface with X11"
     SDL=on "Enable SDL video output"
     SKINS=off "Force dependency on mplayer-skins"
     RTC=off "Add support for kernel real time clock timing"
     ARTS=off "Enable KDE sound system support"
     ESOUND=on "Enable GNOME esound support"
     JACK=off "Enable JackIt audio server support"
     NAS=off "Enable NAS sound server support"
     OPENAL=on "Enable OpenAL sound support"
     PULSE=on "Enable PulseAudio"
     LIBUNGIF=on "Enable gif support"
     OPENJPEG=on "Enable JPEG2000 support"
     MNG=off "Enable MNG input support"
     AALIB=on "Enable aalib support"
     LIBCACA=on "Enable libcaca support"
     SVGALIB=on "Enable svgalib support"
     LIBDV=on "Enable libdv support"
     MAD=on "Enable mad MPEG audio engine support"
     AMR_NB=on "AMR Narrow Band encoder (opencore)"
     AMR_WB=on "AMR Wide Band encoder (opencore)"
     GSM=off "GSM audio codec"
     LADSPA=off "Enable LADSPA plugin support"
     SPEEX=on "Enable speex audio codec support"
     THEORA=on "Enable ogg theora video support"
     VPX=on "Enable VP8 video via libvpx"
     SCHROEDINGER=off "Dirac codec via libschroedinger"
     WIN32=on "Enable win32 codec set on the IA32 arch"
     REALPLAYER=off "Enable real player plugin"
     LIVEMEDIA=on "Enable LIVE555 streaming support"
     SMB=off "Enable Samba input support"
     BLURAY=off "Build with libbluray support"
     FRIBIDI=off "Enable FriBiDi support"
     LIRC=off "Enable lirc support"
     LIBCDIO=on "Enable libcdio support"
     CDPARANOIA=on "Enable cdparanoia support"
     LIBLZO=off "Enable external liblzo library"
     JOYSTICK=off "Enable joystick support"
     V4L=off "Enable Video4Linux TV support"
     LIBRTMP=on "Enable RTMPDump Streaming Media support"
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings

Thanks
Barbara