snd_hdspe: No such file or directory

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Dec 15 16:06:16 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-12-15 at 11:15 +0100, Joel Dahl wrote:
> On 15-12-2012  1:46, Mardorf Ralf wrote:
> > Hi :)
> >
> > do I have to build a kernel or can I install another pre-build kernel or upgrade everything?
>
> Is this a freshly installed system? I suggest you download 9.1 and install
> that instead of upgrading from 8.x.

I started with a FreeBSD 9.0 DVD, but there where issues with
partitioning (it simply didn't work), that's why I chose PC-BSD 8.2. IOW
installing FreeBSD on my machine isn't that simple.

Simply building a new kernel would be to much hassle? On Linux building
a kernel is very easy, just a little bit time consuming, it takes around
90 minutes for the compiler, but I could use the computer without issues
during compiling, to do other work (but I don't do it, when compiling
such). OTOH isn't it possible just to build the driver for the current
kernel?

What are the drawbacks of upgrading everything? Is there some wicked
transition?

Regards,
Ralf