Why 24/192kHz sound is not a solution.

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Dec 6 09:40:42 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-05 at 09:47 -0800, VDR User wrote:
> I don't know that using the mailing list to post links to articles is
> appropriate, but 24/192 does matter when it comes to processing. As
> only a final output format, that article is completely correct but to
> completely disregard 24/192 is misleading because it does have benefit
> earlier in the production chain.

I didn't read the article, I only read the mails.
You don't need more than 48KHz/32-bit float. 48 KHz is high enough to
protect against the Nyquist issue and for production there are
advantages, when using a high bit rate and floating point.

What benefit should there be, when using 192KHz?

Regards,
Ralf