Logitech S-150 USB Digital Speaker p/n 980-000029

dgmm freebsd01 at dgmm.net
Sat Aug 25 15:25:57 UTC 2012

Since I had such a hard time identifying and locating a pair of USB speaker
known to work with FreeBSD (or Linux), I jst wanted to post that the Logitech
S-150 USB speakers work out of the box with snd_uaudio.  The physical volume
+/-/mute buttons don't work but software volume control works just fine.

The hardest part of the search was sepersating out the analgue 3.5mm speakers
which are powered by a USB cable from the true digital USB speakers.  Bloody
marketers even them digital in some cases when clearly they are not.

At least now there will a search result :-)

FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p1

--
Dave