jack_umidi and USB devices

Marcel Bonnet marcelbonnet at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 19:47:28 UTC 2012

On 8 August 2012 15:26, Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 August 2012 19:47:29 Marcel Bonnet wrote:

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Can you checkout the SVN version of jack_umidi:
>> >
>> > svn --username anonsvn --password anonsvn \
>> >
>> >       checkout svn://svn.turbocat.net/i4b/trunk/jack_umidi
>> >
>> > cd jack_umidi
>> > make all install
>> >
>> > And see if the new -S and -k options solve your problem?
>> >
>> > --HPS
>>
>> I can't believe you did it, and so fast! Yes, it's working. I did not
>> test all channels, can't test 'em all right now, but I'll do it in
>> next few days. It is just perfect. These days I was spending time
>> converting some windows proprietary samples I have to Giga Sampler
>> Format, and now I can migrate from a Digital Audio Workstation windows
>> based to FreeBSD.
>> Thanks a lot.
>
> Hi,
>
> You're welcome! Thanks for sharing your good idea. The programming part is not
> too hard when you know what you are doing ;-)

That's make good sense, I always got stuck when I did not knew what to
do anymore :D

> Feel free to post updates about your audio workstation progress ! Might be an
> inspiration for others :-)

Okay, I'll be glad to share it. Give me a week or four!

>> I was looking for a donate page at selasky.org - I really thought I
>> saw a donate button sometime, am I wrong ? Do you have a donate page?
>> I can't donate too much now, but I really think my action can motivate
>> others to do it too. In case you don't have interest, I would consider
>> this donation to the FreeBSD Foundation if it's good for you too.
>> Feel free to answer me in PVT if you think it's necessary.
>
> My paypal account is hselasky at c2i.net if I don't remember wrong. There should
> be a donate button at the bottom of this page too, leading you to the same
> account:
>
> http://www.selasky.org/hans_petter/video4bsd/index.html
>
> --HPS

I knew I saw that button in some part other day :)
Remember to keep track of your paypal account to guarantee you're
going to receive my humble donation.
Thanks again!
--
Marcel Bonnet