Has anyone tested the jack update - am I ok to commit it?

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 18 16:07:52 UTC 2011

On 9/18/11, Juergen Lock <nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 10:19:27PM -0400, b. f. wrote:

>> -- clean up ugly flag handling
>>
>  Can you elaborate?

As in the patch I sent to you, along with the doxygen-related changes.
 CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS are already being passed in do-configure, so it
is only necessary to append to them, but not to explicitly add them to
CONFIGURE_ENV.  This also makes it easier to check their values via
"make -V".  Also, it was always advisable to perform linking via the
compiler with the flags issued for compilation, and now it is
essential for flags like -flto and -fstack-protector, which some
people are using with ports, so our previous careless handling of
LDFLAGS is being cleaned up (cf.
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/157936, etc.) , and
it is important to try (within reason) to honor the user-requested
LDFLAGS just as we do for CFLAGS.  Therefore, just append the addition
to the library search path to LDFLAGS, and pass the result, rather
than clobbering the flags.

b.