Has anyone tested the jack update - am I ok to commit it?

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 18 02:45:32 UTC 2011

> This port is maintained by this list (multimedia@) so I thought
> I better ask once more before committing... :)  The update is
> here:
>
>         http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/tmp/jack-0.120.1.patch
>
> and I first mentioned it in this thread:
>
>         http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2011-September/012432.html
>
> (Using a midi keyboard with FreeBSD (jack update, ardour3 alpha...))

While I understand you have already invested some time in testing
this, I don't think it would be wise to update only to 0.120.1 -- the
latest release is 0.121.2, and the release notes for 0.120.2 and
subsequent releases mention not only significant enhancements, but
some important bug-fixes, e.g.:

"Fix issues with stack initialization in client threads that stole
large chunks of the stack from applications",

"Fix memory overrun when calling jack_get_ports() with arguments that
lead it to return all existing ports",

"Remove client->control->nframes data element and use
control->engine->buffer_size. This fixes erroneous behaviour when
trying to get the buffer size associated with JACK port type",

Also, please consider merging the following changes in yours:

-- clean up ugly flag handling

-- make the building of the HTML documentation an OPTION,
off-by-default -- the doxygen dependency, which by default drags in
many Python, graphviz, TeX, and Qt4 dependencies, is too heavy a
burden for package builders and testers, and it was never a good idea
to require it in order to build a small audio server.  (These changes
could be replaced by packaging the documents in a separate,
locally-mirrored tarball, or, provided that the port is kept
up-to-date, by downloading them from the master site.)

b.