New version of cuse4bsd ready for testing

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Fri Sep 16 10:12:18 UTC 2011

On Friday 16 September 2011 11:36:51 Kevin Smith wrote:
> On 9/15/11 11:18 AM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I 'm using two logitech webcam (c270h and c210) with cuse4bsd + webcamd,
> however after installed the new cuse4bsd I didn't notice any performance
> improvement.
> System is 8.2-STABLE built on Mon Sep 12 20:17:32 CEST 2011.
> Can I do some tests to help investigating ?
> Thank you,
> regards,

Hi,

Most UVC (USB video class) drivers use direct memory mapping, so there
shouldn't be a significant performance improvement in that case. If you are
using DVB USB drivers, that might be different. Maybe you have to use the
"time" utility to measure the difference, like starting webcamd like this:

time webcamd -H

Then run pwcview for 5 minutes. Then CTRL+C webcamd.

--HPS