Web camera stream is flipped upsidedown

Eugene Dzhurinsky jdevelop at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 07:16:18 UTC 2011

Hello!

I have some problem with my web camera on Asus K40IN laptop.

FreeBSD localhost 8.2-STABLE FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE

usbconfig -u 1 -a 2 dump_device_desc
ugen1.2: <CNF7129 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.> at usbus1, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=ON

  bLength = 0x0012
  bDescriptorType = 0x0001
  bcdUSB = 0x0200
  bDeviceClass = 0x00ef
  bDeviceSubClass = 0x0002
  bDeviceProtocol = 0x0001
  bMaxPacketSize0 = 0x0040
  idVendor = 0x04f2
  idProduct = 0xb071
  bcdDevice = 0x1515
  iManufacturer = 0x0002  <Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.>
  iProduct = 0x0001  <CNF7129>
  iSerialNumber = 0x0003  <SN0001>
  bNumConfigurations = 0x0001

I installed and started webcamd, and now I have the problem - pwcview shows video flipped upsidedown, same happens in Skype.

Is it possible to fix this with some settings for webcamd?

Thanks in advance!

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky