skype 2.1.0.81; alternate versions of the Linuxolator v4l2 patches

Daniele Mazzotti kappei84 at gmail.com
Sun May 22 18:06:23 UTC 2011

Yes,

I did read the whole mail. As he was talking about sound.ko I did not
get it was related with mic settings but with my audio issue.

Juergen I have followed the instructions you gave me but I get the following

### code ###

[User at Fermi:/usr/home/User]# cd /usr/src
[User at Fermi:/usr/src]# fetch -o -
'http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/stable/8/sys/dev/sound/pcm/dsp.c?view=patch&r1=221583&r2=221582&pathrev=221583'
|patch -p2
-                                             100% of  479  B 2802 kBps
Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- stable/8/sys/dev/sound/pcm/dsp.c	2011/05/07 06:52:04	221582
|+++ stable/8/sys/dev/sound/pcm/dsp.c	2011/05/07 09:26:11	221583
--------------------------
Patching file sys/dev/sound/pcm/dsp.c using Plan A...
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [y] y
Hunk #1 succeeded at 1655.
done
[User at Fermi:/usr/src]# cd sys/modules/sound/sound
[User at Fermi:/usr/src/sys/modules/sound/sound]# make DEBUG_FLAGS=-g install
install -o root -g wheel -m 555   sound.ko /boot/kernel
install: sound.ko: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules/sound/sound.

### code ###

I know I am annoying you and I am sorry but I have never done this
before and I do not know what I am missing.

Regards,
Daniele.