Webcam recommendations

Andrey V. Elsukov bu7cher at yandex.ru
Tue Mar 22 07:13:10 UTC 2011

On 22.03.2011 9:52, Matthias Apitz wrote:
>> Probably the format which skype is trying to set is not available? Then you
>> maybe need to pre-load skype with libv4l for Linux.
>
> $ LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype
> ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/local/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so' from
> LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
>
> I think, we can not preload our libs, or are you talking about some
> other (Linux) object?

Yes, you can not preload this library for linux binary, because it compiled
for FreeBSD. You can install libv4l for linux from rpm, but it will not work,
because our linux.ko does not support V4L2.

>> Maybe you could dump the
>> structure associated with the VIDIOC_S_FMT?
>>
>> -22 means:
>>
>>      22 EINVAL Invalid argument.
>
> will insert printf's in linux/drivers/media/video/v4l1-compat.c;
> the -513 is ok?

You should enable cuse4bsd logging and uvc driver tracing.
v4l1-compat layer contains several code paths, some of those can fail,
and it is not fatal.

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov