pulseaudio: module.c: module-detect is deprecated: Please use module-udev-detect instead of module-detect!

Andriy Gapon avg at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 2 15:50:55 UTC 2011

on 02/03/2011 17:18 Michal Varga said the following:
> On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 16:13 +0100, Michal Varga wrote:
>> So instead of fixing things like these in ports, I'd say the issue
>> should be reported/fix submitted to upstream, it's pretty much possible
>> that they don't even know that there are systems that don't run evdev
>> (note that I don't mean it offensively, more like speaking generally
>> from experience, it simply happens).
>>

> Eh, I meant udev of course, I guess that's enough coffee for me today.

That's possible, of course.  Another possibility is that they think that
everything is Linux, or everything is like Linux, or they don't care about not Linux.

I am all for contacting them, for sure.
Just want to point out that the proposed patch would not be against the nature of
the ports, because it doesn't affect functionality, but addresses OS differences.

--
Andriy Gapon