Webcamd and the au0828

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at iet.unipi.it
Thu Jan 13 23:29:12 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 02:15:48PM -0800, Kevin Baxter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to get my au0828-based stick (a Hauppauge 950Q to be
> specific) to work in webcamd. Here's the list of problems and solutions I've
> hit so far.
<added stubs for missing functions>
> So now it builds and links. It loads the driver, detects the stick, attaches
> it to cuse, and then segfaults.
>
> #0  0x000000000040a233 in v4l2_device_register (dev=0x8012d0f70,
>     v4l2_dev=0x8012ffae0)

you prompted me to try the same for em28xx, so i followed a similar route:
include the necessary files (one was omitted),
write small stubs for the
few functions that are not there so that webcamd links.
Then the program does a core dump when connecting an em28xx device,
on the same function as yours.

There is a chance that the files that do work have been slightly
modified so that dev->driver is initialized properly.
But I don't know for sure, maybe Hans can answer this.
(the other possibility is that maybe some names are resolved
at runtime so even if webcamd links it is not guaranteed to work
unless you put in all the required sources ?)

cheers
luigi