USB MIDI patch for FreeBSD 8/9

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Sat Feb 19 12:53:22 UTC 2011

Hi again,

I've noticed the many MIDI applications now use JACK, so I've spent some time
today to write up a program called jack_umidi. This programs allows you to
import /dev/umidiX.Y instances into the JACK system.

Comments are welcome. Sources are available from:

svn --username anonsvn --password anonsvn \
      checkout svn://svn.turbocat.net/i4b/trunk/jack_umidi

When the port freeze is over I hope to create a port for this for FreeBSD 8+.
After download:

cd jack_umidi
make all install clean

man jack_umidi

jackd -d oss
jack_umidi -d /dev/umidi0.0

Now you can use:

/usr/ports/audio/jack-keyboard for example!

--HPS