watching home via Internet

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Dec 29 15:45:09 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'd like to watch via Internet what is going on in my house, for example
when I go out with my wife for dinner to be sure that the two little children
are safe and sleeping, i.e. nobody plays with matches in the living
room :-)

I have some FreeBSD laptops at home, with a cam I could direct to
monitor the area; I could do SSH from my netbook (runs FreeBSD 10)
with X11 forwarding and launch pwcview(1); but what about audio?
the cam has a micro too, which captures very good the audio in the room;

any ideas concerning such a "babyphone"?

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz