xbmc pvr in ports - mythtv addon

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Sat Dec 10 19:18:56 UTC 2011

In article <20111210014200.6edcb333.torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no> you write:
>Well, I patched xbmc with th 056 patch, and it compiled and installed fine.
>
>On Wed, 07 Dec 2011 18:35:34 +0100 (CET)
>Juergen Lock <nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de> wrote:
>
>>  I think basically after installing xbmc-pvr you can start it, go into
>> system -> settings -> add-ons -> installed add-ons -> pvr clients,
>> select mythtv pvr client, go into Configure there, put in your
>> mythtv backend ip etc, and then set `Enabled.'
>
>The only active menu choices in the configure page for the MythTV PVR client is "enable" and "change log".
>I tried enabling it, exiting that menu and going back in again. It didn't help.
>I tried exiting xbmc too, nope - the interesting menu items (like "configure") on MythTV PVR client page is still inactive.
>
>End of first test. :)

Bad news:  I asked on the xbmc-pvr channel and was told this mythtv
addon hasn't been maintained for months i.e. it apparently bitrotted.
There is a new one using libcmyth mentioned here:

	http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=110694

only the git repo linked,

	https://github.com/tsp/xbmc

is a fork of the entire opdenkamp xbmc pvr, so I guess I'll leave
porting that to someone that actually uses mythtv i.e. not me...

 Sorry, :(
	Juergen