xbmc pvr in ports

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Tue Dec 6 20:40:53 UTC 2011

In article <20111206192901.741be8e3.torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no> you write:
>On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 12:37:19 +0100
>Juergen Lock <nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>>  So I learned there are actually releases of xbmc pvr already, which
>
>It would be nice to know what XBMC PVR gives us. I tried googling, but failed finding a definitive answer.
>Is it a PVR frontend? Or something else?

Yeah, it basically adds support for accessing pvr software like vdr
(via external plugins), mythtv, tvheadend (tvheadend hasn't been
ported yet but can still be accessed from a linux box over the
network.)  So you get things like a main menu entry called `Live
TV', etc.  (And switching channels btw is faster than with say
vdr-sxfe too, especially for hd channels.)

 Oh and I'm still looking for mythtv testers... :)

 HTH,
	Juergen