Linuxolator v4l2/dvb - trying to collect data about latest skype

Alexander Leidinger netchild at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 26 07:56:17 UTC 2011

Quoting Juergen Lock <nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de> (from Sun, 24 Apr 2011
16:03:50 +0200):

> On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 02:18:31PM +0200, Juergen Lock wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>>  I now have finshed seperating the dvb part of the patches out into
>> a port:
>>
>> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/linux_dvbwrapper-kmod.shar
>>
>> and made new src patches that now contain the v4l2 bits only:
>>
>> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/linux-v4l2-8-test.patch
>> 	(for 8, this is what I tested)
>>
>> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/linux-v4l2-test.patch
>> 	(for head, untested)
>>
>>  The only outstanding issues I now know of are,
>>
>> a) netchild suggested I try an older videodev2.h from Linux 2.6.17,
>>    I'm not sure that's necessary but mainly I want to know more
>>    about the second issue first before trying it:
>>
> I now did that anyway and found at least skype and flash with my
> camera seem to behave the same as before:
>
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/linux-v4l2-2.6.17-8-test.patch
> 	(for 8)
>
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/linux-v4l2-2.6.17-test.patch
> 	(for head, again untested)
>
>  This loses a few features tho that _may_ be useful for other apps
> or later versions so I'm still not 100% sure this is a good idea...

Thanks for testing. I try to get some time "soonish" (probably not
today) to commit this. After it is in the tree, I have a look at
updating the v4l* headers to the current version.

The reason why I want to do it this way is, that in later version the
v4l* headers are a little bit reorganized and I do not want to
introduce some regressions (code or license).

Bye,
Alexander.

Lizzie Borden took an axe,
And plunged it deep into the VAX;