Linuxolator v4l2/dvb - trying to collect data about latest skype

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Fri Apr 22 12:20:26 UTC 2011

Hi!

 I now have finshed seperating the dvb part of the patches out into
a port:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/linux_dvbwrapper-kmod.shar

and made new src patches that now contain the v4l2 bits only:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/linux-v4l2-8-test.patch
	(for 8, this is what I tested)

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/linux-v4l2-test.patch
	(for head, untested)

 The only outstanding issues I now know of are,

a) netchild suggested I try an older videodev2.h from Linux 2.6.17,
   I'm not sure that's necessary but mainly I want to know more
   about the second issue first before trying it:

b) Video doesn't work for me with the latest skype beta on 8/amd64
   and a gspca camera that needs the Linux libv4l,

	http://download.skype.com/linux/skype_static-2.2.0.25.tar.bz2

   kwm got it working on head/i386 with a camera that doesn't need
   libv4l (iirc) and now I'd like to know for who of you it works
   or doesn't and on which FreeBSD version/arch and whether your
   camera needs libv4l, so please test! :)

   Posts about getting audio working with newer skype versions:
   (tho probably not necessary for testing video only)

	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2011-April/011935.html
	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2011-April/011982.html

   As mentioned there, I did get video (and audio) working with the
   previous skype version that's still available here:

	http://download.skype.com/linux/skype_static-2.1.0.81.tar.bz2

   and I extracted both downloaded tarballs below my homedir and ran:

	LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so ./skype_static-2.2.0.25/skype --resources=$PWD/skype_static-2.2.0.25

   resp. for the previous version:

	LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so ./skype_static-2.1.0.81/skype --resources=$PWD/skype_static-2.1.0.81

 Thanx! :)
	Juergen