Linuxolator v4l2/dvb patches (like for webcamd + skype...)

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Sat Apr 16 13:23:48 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 11:32:37AM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 19:46:20 +0200 Juergen Lock
> <nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 08:13:10PM +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> > >
> > > BTW, just in case:
> > > http://www.quickcamteam.net/documentation/faq/logitech-webcam-linux-usb-incompatibilities
> > >
> > > P.S.
> > > http://blogs.skype.com/linux/2011/04/2_2_beta.html
> >
> > Ok I just tested that version and found another bug in the patches,
> > but even after fixing that I couldn't get video to work with my
> > gspca camera that doesn't do yuv video. :(  Maybe the f10 version
> > of libv4l that is now in ports is just too old?  (Does anyone else
> > get that version to work with a cam that does do yuv like a uvc?)
> >
> >  netchild, you said you have an f10 build env iirc, could you try
> > building the latest libv4l on there for me to test?
>
> Can you give me please some URLs? One where to download the
> source, and one of the spec file (and patches if any).

Looks like libv4l now is part of v4l-utils:

	http://freshmeat.net/projects/libv4l

	http://linuxtv.org/downloads/v4l-utils/v4l-utils-0.8.3.tar.bz2

f14 has a bit older source rpm: (libv4l.spec inside)

	http://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/fedora/linux/releases/14/Everything/source/SRPMS/libv4l-0.8.1-1.fc14.src.rpm

and I found a newer one too:

	http://people.fedoraproject.org/~jwrdegoede/v4l-utils-0.8.3-2.fc15.src.rpm

> >  I have now split the dvb handling into a seperate kld because of
> > the LGPL'd header it uses (linux_dvbwrapper.ko), but it looks like
> > I'll have to make that a port as netchild still had concerns putting
> > that version in base...
>
> It's more a "I do not want to be the one to put LGPLed stuff into a
> kernel module", even if the common believe is that such a LGPLed
> header does make the rest derived code / tainted. Currently I do not
> intend to spend the time which is necessary to explain the issues to
> core@ and discuss it with them. If someone else is willing to spend
> time for this and if core@ tells me they are ok with this header
> entering the src/sys tree, I shut up and commit it.

OK.  I guess not that many ppl will need this kld and those that
do should be able to install it from ports then too, I just wanted
to keep things a little easier but oh well, it's not _that_ important.

 Cheers,
	Juergen