FYI: v4l-linuxulator support in FreeBSD-current now

Tue Sep 7 09:55:50 UTC 2010

Quoting Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> (from Tue, 7 Sep 2010
11:44:10 +0200):

> El día Monday, September 06, 2010 a las 02:45:36PM +0200, Alexander
> Leidinger escribió:
>
>> >Skype in FreeBSD as guest in the VM:
>> >
>> >$ skype
>> >Starting the process...
>> >Skype Xv: Xv ports available: 1
>> >Skype XShm: XShm support enabled
>> >Skype Xv: Using Xv port 56
>> >Skype Xv: No suitable overlay format found
>> >^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> >
>> >Skype in the host:
>> >
>> >$ skype
>> >Starting the process...
>> >Skype Xv: Xv ports available: 32
>> >Skype XShm: XShm support enabled
>> >Skype Xv: Using Xv port 416
>>
>> What you see is related to the output (X11/Xv). This is not related to
>> v4l. You can run xvinfo on both systems to see the difference of the
>> video output capabilities.
>
> In the VM the Xorg server is using the 'vmware' driver (while native the
> nvidia driver). The output of xvinfo is rather short in the VM:

<snip/>

> Any hint what is missing or wrong in the VM? Thanks

No idea, but an educated guess would be: maybe the format which is
used in the input (or by Skype, but I would first look at the input
format).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
All theoretical chemistry is really physics;
and all theoretical chemists know it.