So i wanted to test the vdr upnp plugin on FreeBSD...

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Mon Nov 22 00:19:44 UTC 2010

..which turned out to be easier said than done:  Besides some
porting work for FreeBSD I had to hunt and patch several bugs, and
did initial upgrading to libupnp 1.6.9 (because that's whats in
ports, the plugin apparently was only tested up to 1.6.6.)  And I
also had to patch two nasty bugs in libupnp that caused vdr to spin
one core at 100% and malloc() 32 GB... (I probably should submit
those to the pupnp-devel list too, will do that later.)

 I've put the shar here:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/vdr-plugin-upnp-20101121a.shar

(to be used together with my latest vdr port shar on FreeBSD, see here:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/
and
	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2010-November/011368.html
)

 As noted in the pkg-descr its still an alpha version so no guarantee
the port will work for you, I could only test it with xbmc where
after all my bugfixing streaming of live tv (hd and sd) and of vdr
recordings now work, recordings only sd tho but that seems to be a
known issue.

 Here's a rundown of the patches for the plugin:  (below
multimedia/vdr-plugin-upnp/ in the shar)

	files/patch-Makefile
		only needed for the FreeBSD port itself

	files/patch-badvideo
		ignore bad/unrecognized recordings (instead of crashing vdr)

	files/patch-freebsd
		FreeBSD portability patches

	files/patch-fromgit
		patch merged from the plugin git

	files/patch-iconv
		add missing charset conversion (upnp expects utf-8...)
		(I see there's also leftover #if 0'd debug code in
		there, will remove that later)

	files/patch-libupnp1.6.9
		patches for libupnp 1.6.9

	files/patch-livetv-channelname
		always list channel names with live tv (makes channels
		easier to find at least with xbmc)

	files/patch-size_t
		size_t *printf fixes (affectig 64 bit hosts)

	files/patch-strncpy
		bad use of strncpy()

 And the libupnp patches:

	ports-patches/devel/upnp/files/patch-upnp-src-gena-gena_device.c
		another size_t varargs fix (again affectig 64 bit hosts)

	ports-patches/devel/upnp/files/patch-upnp-src-genlib-net-http-webserver.c
		wrong args to http_MakeMessage

 Some of the patches may apply with offsets cause I manually sorted
them, you can ignore that, patch(1) will dtrt.

 Enjoy, :)
	Juergen