CFT: MythTV 0.23

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at
Sun May 23 23:34:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, 20 May 2010 20:35:31 +0200
Bernhard Froehlich <decke at> wrote:

> Thanks. I've added the dependency and also did the things we discussed
> yesterday. So the automatic installation of the database is removed and
> i've also replaced all the user/group creation code with the USERS/GROUPS
> framework plus a bit cleanup and a few fixed portlint warnings.

I finally found time to test this. Test setup: FreeBSD 8.1-prerelease, updated ports, in a machine with a PVR-500:
tingo at kg-fil$ uname -a
FreeBSD 8.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 8.1-PRERELEASE #4: Fri May 21 00:20:01 CEST 2010     root at  amd64

The mythtv port installed fine (building all of the dependecies took time, but thats the way it is), but at the end I was presented with this:
===>   Registering installation for mythtv-0.23
      This port has installed the following files which may act as network
      servers and may therefore pose a remote security risk to the system.

      This port has installed the following startup scripts which may cause
      these network services to be started at boot time.

      If there are vulnerabilities in these programs there may be a security
      risk to the system. FreeBSD makes no guarantee about the security of
      ports included in the Ports Collection. Please type 'make deinstall'
      to deinstall the port if this is a concern.

      For more information, and contact details about the security
      status of this software, see the following webpage:

Huh? No pkg-message output? The files is there:
root at kg-fil# pwd
root at kg-fil# more work/pkg-message

MythTV has now been installed, but it still needs to be configured.

1.  To create the database, use the following command:

        mysql -uroot -p < /usr/local/share/mythtv/database/mc.sql

2.  Next, run mythtv-setup.

See for more information.


I do not know why it wasn't displayed.

1) mythtv-setup
on the "Video Sources" setup, aftet naming my video source ("TV") and selecting a grabber - Norway (beta) (xmltv), 
I can't get it to run the correct xmltv configure command.
Every time it seems to pick a new grabber at random. Ok, enough of that, I'll just do this manually.
(Whether or not this is related to version 0.5.53 of xmltv, I don't know)
2) mythfilldatabase
ok, xmltv 0.5.53 doesn't work for me (and I should have remembered), so I just portdowngfrade it to 0.5.52 and apply my patches for 0.5.56.
After that, mythfilldatabase works as it should.
3) mythfrontend
- most things seem to work
- LiveTV dos not work. We're back to that old friiend again (from /var/log/mythbackend.log):
2010-05-24 01:27:54.747 MainServer::ANN Playback
2010-05-24 01:27:54.748 adding: as a client (events: 0)
2010-05-24 01:27:54.756 TVRec(1): Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
2010-05-24 01:27:54.763 TVRec(1): HW Tuner: 1->1
2010-05-24 01:27:55.453 ProgramInfo(): Updated pathname '':'' -> '1000_20100524012755.mpg'
2010-05-24 01:27:55.482 

Not ivtv or pvrusb2 or hdpvr driver

2010-05-24 01:27:55.485 card Hauppauge PVR-250 driver CXM version 0
2010-05-24 01:27:55.486 MPEGRec(/dev/cxm0) Warning: Unable to set audio mode
                        eno: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)

Hope this helps.
Torfinn Ingolfsen

More information about the freebsd-multimedia mailing list