CFT: New mplayer version

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 27 03:04:41 UTC 2010

>Hi folks,
>
>recently an update to x264 version 98 has been committed to the ports
>tree. I now have prepared an mplayer snapshot that requires it :-)
>You can find a tarball containing mplayer and mencoder ports at:
>http://www.rrr.de/~riggs/mplayer/m20100726.tar.bz2
>
>I'd appreciate feedback if you notice any regression.
>I hope this can hit the ports tree soon!

This still seems to rely on a 10 Jan. snapshot of the mplayer source
code.  In the intervening ~7 months there have been a number of
important changes to mplayer, including support for the On2
Technologies/Google VP8 codec that has been adopted as part of the
open webm format:

http://www.webmproject.org/about/

This is currently being used by Youtube, among others, and I think
that this and the other changes are too important to overlook.  Could
we please update to a more recent mplayer snapshot?

Regards,
                  b.