[FreeBSD 8/9] USB webcamd and video4bsd: Call for testing

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Tue Jan 26 19:06:50 UTC 2010

on 26/01/2010 20:47 Andriy Gapon said the following:

> What's also strange is that webcam's "in use" light never turns on.

OK, it actually does turn on.
What I've discovered is that the webcam needs some short time to "warm up".
I've modified pwcview to ignore a few initial v4l1_read error and everything is
fine now.  It would be better, of course, if the driver internally handled these
couple of initial frames, but my workaround is OK for me too.

--
Andriy Gapon